OTTAWA EMPLOYMENT LAWYER, TORONTO EMPLOYMENT LAWYER, ONTARIO PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT LAWYER
Why You Need an Employment & Professional Conduct Lawyer
We assist employers, labour organizations, employees, and contractors with understanding, protecting and asserting their legal rights in the workplace. We also assist regulated professionals in responding to enquires for information, investigations and professional conduct law (including discipline, capacity and competence). Individuals and organizations face increasing and sometimes unreasonable pressures from legislated and court developments to be "perfect" in a shifting legal landscape when it comes to obligations to employees, employers, contractors, clients, governments, regulators and the general public.
Our services include:
- Drafting of Employment Contracts
- Drafting of Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Drafting of Non-Competition Agreements
- Advice on Employment Standards and Drafting of Workplace Policies
- Advice on Ensuring Your Independent Contractors Really Are Independent
- Advice on Employee Termination
- Advice, Government Negotiations, and Representation in Occupational Health and Safety (provincial and federal)
- Advice on Pay and Benefits
- Advice on Pregnancy and Parental Leave
- Advice on Harassment, Human Rights and Reasonable Accommodation
- Advice on Recruitment and Hiring
- Advice on Fiduciary Duties
- Representation in Government or Regulator Investigations, and Advocacy before Boards, Tribunals and Courts in Employment, Labour and Professional Conduct Matters
- Defence of Professional Discipline or Misconduct allegations throughout Ontario before Boards, Tribunals, the Divisional Court and the Ontario Court of Appeal for medical professionals (including doctors, dentists, nurses & pharmacists), law enforcement officers, public servants (federal, provincial, municipal), accountants, teachers, engineers, architects, lawyers and other professionals
The firm especially has expertise in law enforcement and public service employment matters, including representing police officers, civilian police service members, and federal, provincial and municipal employees in labour and employment disputes involving their employers. This includes disciplinary, misconduct, fitness, performance, and administrative proceedings before boards, tribunals, provincial and federal courts.
Examples of our work include successfully representing Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) members and civilian members throughout Canada at Level 1 Grievances, Level 2 Appeals, before the External Review Committee, and before the Federal Court of Canada, and representing Government of Canada executives wrongfully accused of misconduct. We have restored clients' suspended or terminated pay and benefits, achieved their reinstatement as members and employees after unjustified dismissal, secured accommodation for medial disabilities and prevented dismissal for disciplinary or administrative reasons.
The Employment & Professional Conduct Lawyers
Karen Kenisant leads the firms practice in employment and labour law, advising on and defending the rights of employers and employees, including litigating employment and labour cases before Ontario and Federal boards, courts and tribunals.
The firm's Managing Lawyer and leader of its professional conduct practice Gordon S. Campbell has served as legal counsel to the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada's Labour Program for Occupational Health and Safety matters, as a Member Representative at the RCMP defending police officers and civilians on disciplinary, competence, health & administrative proceedings throughout Canada, as legal counsel and a director of investigations at the Military Police Complaints Commission.
Employment & Professional Conduct Dedicated Website
At www.proconductlaw.com you'll find the firm's website dedicated to employment, labour and professional conduct law, with more detailed information about services to employers, employees and professionals, the process involved in asserting and defending employer, employee and professional rights, and news about the evolving law of employment, labour and professional conduct.