BUSINESS LITIGATION DISPUTE RESOLUTION LAWYERS TORONTO OTTAWA CORNWALL ONTARIO
We Provide Businesses Solutions to Disputes
We act for businesses involved in all industries, working to solve both internal and external disputes including:
- partnership disputes
- shareholder disputes
- commercial contract disputes
- commercial leasing disputes
- commercial property disputes
- natural resources harvesting disputes
- business disputes with government
- employee, union & other human resources disputes
- taxation disputes - sales, GST/HST, Excise, Income Tax
We appear in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Court of Appeal for Ontario, Ontario Divisional Court, Ontario Small Claims Court, Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal, Supreme Court of Canada, and before administrative boards and tribunals for our business clients.
We Emphasize Interprovincial and Transnational Business Disputes
We particularly deal with cross-jurisdictional disputes, including interprovincial disputes and international disputes. This work includes:
- enforcement of or defence against foreign judgments
- choice of forum dispute, either asserting or resisting jurisdiction in Ontario's courts
- gathering of evidence in Ontario for use in proceedings in other provinces or countries, including use of Anton Piller orders (civil search warrants)
- seizure and freezing of disputes goods or assets within Ontario through injunctive relief including Mareva Injunictions
- obtaining judgment within Ontario or at the Federal Court for enforcement elsewhere
The firm has extensive experience with international and trans-provincial matters, including through mutual legal assistance work. Gordon S. Campbell, the firm's practice leader for business litigation, served as a delegate for Canada to United Nations and APEC meetings and was Canada's Director of Cryptographic Export Control Policy as well as Canada's Director of E-Business Development, where he worked closely with ICT businesses. He has also worked in international trade law and policy, and has litigated transnational cases as high as the Supreme Court of Canada.
Contact Gordon S. Campbell, the firm's practice leader for business litigation, to learn more.